ISO 9000 QUALITY MANAGEMENT -QMS
SANS/ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems Requirements.
This standard has been around since 1987 is undeniably the flagship of the compliance industry. By the end of 2017 1,058 504 certificates had been issued in 178 countries of which 3018 are in RSA and China has the most at 393,008. ISO 9001 has established itself as a must have as companies and state owned companies (SOEs) are increasingly using it as a qualification benchmark for prospective vendors. It's the ticket to the big game!
The latest edition of the standard came into effect in South Africa in November 2015 and organisations certified to the 2008 edition had until September 2018 to comply with ISO 9001:2015 or undergo the complete certification process.
Some of the terminology has been changed and the clause structure has been changed to align it with the High Level Structure that is now mandatory for all ISO management system standards.
The changes are sweeping with the introduction of the management of risks and opportunities, increased accountability of leadership and the removal of the appointment of a single Management Representative.The QMS approach provides many benefits including:-
- A competitive edge and company prestige.
- Wider acceptance of products or services in target markets.
- Admission to large company and SOE vendor lists.
Product or service quality.
- Consistent and predictable product or service quality.
- Reduction in mistakes, wastage and unit cost of production or service.
- Improved supplier and sub contractor (outsourced processes) performance.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Demonstration of good corporate governance.
- Preservation of institutional knowledge.
- Mitigation of risks and business continuity improvement.
We can provide any kind of organisation, manufacturing or service, private or public, large or small with a custom made QMS. We will train employees to participate in the system and guide them through implementation to certification.