ISO 45000 Occupational Health and Safety Management.
SANS/ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System – Requirements has replaced SANS/OHSAS 18001:2011.
SANS/OHSAS 18001:2011, a proprietary standard was adopted by South Africa in 2011 from the British Standard which, in the absence of an equivalent ISO Standard, was recognised as the leading OHS standard in the world. It was replaced by ISO 45001 in early 2018.
ISO 45001 has the same high-level structure (HLS), basic text and terms and definitions as other recently revised ISO management system standards such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.
The HLS is intended to assist in the integration of management systems.
An Occupational Health and Safety Management System can help you safeguard your company and your employees.The benefits of an OHSAS approach include:-
- Safeguarding your company reputation.
- Meeting tender requirements.
- Identifying and controlling your health and safety risks.
- Reducing the likelihood of accidents.
- Reducing the cost of accidents.
- Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1993.
- Demonstrating your commitment to employees, unions and interested parties.
- Continually improving your safety performance.
We can provide any kind of organisation, manufacturing or service, private or public, large or small with a custom made OHS. We will train employees to participate in the system and guide them through implementation to certification.