ISO 14000 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
SANS/ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems Requirements.
This management standard has gained in popularity and certifications up to the end of 2017 had reached 362,610 in 166 countries of which 807 are in RSA. It has become the leading indicator of environmental credibility in the manufacturing, petroleum, chemical and automotive industries. At the end of 2017 China had the most certifications at 162,177.
The latest edition came into effect in South Africa in November 2015 and companies certified to the 2004 edition had until September 2018 to comply with ISO 14001:2015 or undergo the complete certification process.
The changes are sweeping with a completely new structure (the same as ISO 9001:2015), increased accountability of leadership and the removal of the appointment of a single Management Representative, managing risks and opportunities within the supply chain and tighter requirements for the evaluation of legal compliance.The EMS approach provides many benefits including:-
- Greater customer acceptance of products and services.
- A competitive edge and company prestige.
- Admission to large company and SOE vendor lists.
- Demonstration of good corporate governance.
- Reduction in pollution and adverse impacts on the environment
- Planned response to pollution incidents.
- Demonstration of environmental legal compliance.
- Reduction in resource costs i.e. water, electricity, raw materials.
- Reduction in waste disposal costs i.e. solid waste, effluent and sludges.
We can provide any kind of organisation, manufacturing or service, private or public, large or small with a custom made EMS. We will train employees to participate in the system and guide them through implementation to certification