ISO 9000 QUALITY MANAGEMENT -QMS
SANS/ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems Requirements.
This standard has been around since 1987 is undeniably the flagship of the compliance industry. By the end of 2014 1 609 292 certificates had been issued in 187 countries of which 3 782 are in RSA. ISO 9001 has established itself as a must have as companies and state owned companies (SOCs) are increasingly using it as a qualification benchmark for prospective vendors. It's the ticket to the big game!
The latest edition of the standard came into effect in South Africa in November 2015 and organisations certified to the 2008 edition will have until October 2018 or until their current certificate expires, whichever comes first, to upgrade. The changes are sweeping with a completely new structure, the introduction of the management of risks and opportunities, increased accountability of leadership and the removal of the appointment of a single Management Representative.
The QMS approach provides many benefits including:-
- A competitive edge and company prestige.
- Wider acceptance of products or services in target markets.
- Admission to large company and SOC vendor lists.
Product or service quality.
- Consistent work quality.
- Reduction in mistakes, wastage and unit cost of production or service.
- Improved product or service quality.
- Improved supplier and sub-contractor performance.
- Demonstration of good corporate governance.
- Preservation of institutional knowledge.
- Improved business continuity.
We can provide any kind of organisation, manufacturing or service, private or public, large or small with a custom made QMS. We will train employees to participate in the system and guide them through implementation to successful certification.; We can also help you upgrade to the new standard when you are ready.