OHSAS 18000 OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
SANS/OHSAS 18001:2011 Occupational Health and Safety Management System - Requirements
This proprietary standard was adopted by South Africa in 2011 from the British Standard which, in the absence of an equivalent ISO Standard, is recognised as the leading OHS standard in the world. It is scheduled to be replaced by ISO 45001 in 2016. An Occupational Health and Safety Management System can help you safeguard your company and your employees.
The benefits of an OHSAS approach include:-
- Safeguarding your company reputation.
- Meeting tender requirements.
- Identifying and controlling your health and safety risks.
- Reducing the likelihood of accidents.
- Reducing the cost of accidents.
- Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 1993.
- Demonstrating your commitment to employees, unions and interested parties.
- Continually improving your safety performance.
We can provide any kind of organisation, manufacturing or service, private or public, large or small with a custom made OHS. We will train employees to participate in the system and guide them through implementation to successful certification.