ISO 14000 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT - EMS
SANS/ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems Requirements.
This management standard has gained in popularity and certifications up to December 2013 had reached 301,647 in 171countries. It has become the leading indicator of environmental credibility in the petroleum, chemical, maritime and automotive industries.
The latest edition came into effect in South Africa in November 2015 and companies certified to the 2004 edition will have until October 2018 or until their current certificate expires, whichever comes first, to upgrade. The changes are sweeping with a completely new structure (the same as ISO 9001:2015), increased accountability of leadership and the removal of the appointment of a single Management Representative, managing risks and opportunities within the supply chain and tighter requirements for the evaluation of legal compliance.
The EMS approach provides many benefits including:-
- Greater customer acceptance of products and services.
- A competitive edge and company prestige.
- Admission to large company and SOC vendor lists.
- Demonstration of good corporate governance.
- Reduction in pollution and adverse impacts on the environment
- Planned response to pollution incidents.
- Demonstration of environmental legal compliance.
- Reduction in resource costs i.e. water, electricity, raw materials.
- Reduction in waste disposal costs i.e. solid waste, effluent and sludges.
We can provide any kind of organisation, manufacturing or service, private or public, large or small with a custom made QMS. We will train employees to participate in the system and guide them through implementation to successful certification.; We can also help you upgrade to the new standard when you are ready.